While embodying a decidedly contemporary architectural expression, Melfort reimagines a grand Georgian-style residence (c.1935) as five townhouses with a deep respect for site heritage and context.
With the first of five townhouses located in the original residence, a new addition at the rear accommodates four new homes. While a common design language was employed throughout, the layering of Georgian detailing was omitted from the new structure to avoid any sense of reproduction.
Melfort exemplifies a commitment to pursuing architecture that is classically minimal and restrained, yet layered with a depth of emotion, sensitively balancing the heritage and the contemporary.
The interior design was approached with a distinctly European sensibility – restrained, yet with moments of fine detailing. A soft, neutral palette is expressed through oak flooring and kitchen joinery, and Cararra marble kitchens, bathrooms and fireplaces.